Sisterhood Stories – Making space for joy

Do you have dreams? What brings you joy?

It’s a simple question, really. I’m sure all of you can come with many answers in the blink of an eye.
The issue here is not really knowing what brings you joy but creating the time and space for it.

When we’re stuck between the rush of our daily lives, routine and commitment to a decent lifestyle, making space for anything else is a challenge.
I have all these desires and dreams that I still need to fulfill yet there seems to be no time for any of them. Some days I feel stuck and wish I could just leave it all (well, not all, but you get the idea) and buy myself a camper van and move around in the direction my heart is pulled towards. Anywhere.

But then I look around. And realize I’m happy here. Truly. It’s not perfect, never will be, but it’s good enough.
Why don’t I create the space for all these desires? Am I afraid of change or simply content the way it is? Is a dream’s sole purpose is to remain in your imagination? To never actually become within reach?I just don’t know. There are days I think I know, others I’m confused.

I had set myself some goals this year, learn watercolor and hand lettering. And I did. Though I wish I had more opportunities to devote some time to it at least I’m proud to have achieved those goals. I need to go out more too, photograph different landscapes. I might not need to travel far, just explore a bit more. And also learn a new language, why not?
I’ll get back to knitting too, because that also brings me joy. And keep on reading all those books on my endless to-read list.
I guess a balance between routine and adventure is what I need to set my heart on fire again. I just need to create the space for it and watch it ignite xox

This post is part of our blog circle, please visit Elena by clicking on the button, and leave some love along the way!

BlogButtonSisterhood

Lavender 1

Lavender 2

Lavender 3

Lavender 4

Lavender 5

12 Comments on Sisterhood Stories – Making space for joy

1. Jo Garlike
    September 29, 2016 at 2:57 pm (8 months ago)

Your post has really spoke to me today. I have been feeling like i want to move closer towards some dreams but there never seems time. Beautifully written. Jo xx

• Isabelle
      September 29, 2016 at 4:19 pm (8 months ago)

Thank you Jo, it is a never ending battle xox

2. Boo
    September 30, 2016 at 1:24 am (8 months ago)

Stunning, stunning. Well done with pursuing your dreams! I too learnt hand lettering this year- and have had no time for any further practice. Maybe next year I shall pursue carving out time… xx

• Isabelle
      September 30, 2016 at 11:56 am (8 months ago)

Thank you Boo! There’s always next year! ๐Ÿ˜‰

3. Kay
    September 30, 2016 at 6:30 am (8 months ago)

I just love this piece you wrote on ‘dreams’ I try and do something new every year to challenge myself , some things stand out more than others but its a great way to expand your knowledge and skills and grow as a person but creatively and mentally. Beautiful photos to go with this piece.

• Isabelle
      September 30, 2016 at 11:57 am (8 months ago)

Thank you Kay! Yes, I’m just the same, I value personal growth, I think I would never be able to be happy not learning new things xox

4. Katy Noelle
    September 30, 2016 at 7:20 am (8 months ago)

You know…. you just know that I can relate!!! But I’ve been finding the courage to get up and try again. If I really look at it, I have come a long way, even though I’m not ‘there’ yet. xo

• Isabelle
      September 30, 2016 at 11:59 am (8 months ago)

Each step is worth it, even if the length seems ridiculous, in the end we’ll all get “there” xox

5. Elena
    October 6, 2016 at 10:39 pm (8 months ago)

“Is a dreamโ€™s sole purpose to remain in your imagination?” – Wow, this is indeed a million-dollar question! I think there are many answers to it, which change not only depending on the person who answers, but also on the specific moment in our life we try and find the meaning and purpose of our dreams. Actually, what would we be without our dreams? They help define who we are. Maybe not all of them are meant to be fulfilled, but sometimes it’s enough to *have* dreams, to know there is room for improvement, to feel ready to learn something new and be open about it. Life can be very full sometimes, so even if we set goals for a year, it doesn’t necessarily mean not achieving them will be a complete failure. There are priorities and often our dreams are not on the top of our list… the important thing is not giving up, keeping room for them in our head and heart and doing our best to take one, a few or many steps towards them. xoxo

• Isabelle
      October 9, 2016 at 6:40 pm (8 months ago)

My thoughts exactly ๐Ÿ™‚ We need our dreams, but some are meant to remain unfulfilled, I think it keeps us very much alive xox

6. Lel Hurst
    October 7, 2016 at 6:35 am (8 months ago)

Balance for heart, body and soul- I completely agree that this is what we need. Time to step back, reassess and refocus. Your images are beautiful as always.

• Isabelle
      October 9, 2016 at 6:39 pm (8 months ago)