Sisterhood Stories – Notre Dame des Neiges

I’ve wanted to visit the Notre Dame des Neiges cemetery for a long time, but somehow the time was never quite right.  I guess I was afraid of not being able to capture the beauty of the place, the way I wanted it, in my own style.  Most of the cemetery photos I see carry that dark and heavy feeling, I wanted something lighter.  I don’t hang out much in cemeteries, or churches for that matter, but I can admire their beauty.  This cemetery is a truly beautiful one, delicately carved statues and rows of flowering trees, nothing heavy about it.

That visit was also a good time for me to get acquainted with my Lensbaby.  The moody focus the lens renders was perfect for the location.  I fell in love with both, the place and the lens.

I hope the photos inspire you to take a stroll through your local cemetery and get to know the history of some of it’s inhabitants, so many stories still need to be told…

This post is part of a blog circle, talented ladies from around the globe share their journey with us, make your way around it and leave some love…  visit Audrey‘s blog

6 Comments on Sisterhood Stories – Notre Dame des Neiges

1. Sara Hazeldine
    June 26, 2013 at 2:46 pm (6 years ago)

I’m not usually a fan of Lensbaby but these are great, they give the images a kind of ethereal feel which seems very fitting for the subject x

2. Jocelyne
    June 26, 2013 at 10:26 pm (6 years ago)

Superb Isabelle ! I really loved these photos, and I love the effect of the lensbaby 🙂

3. Boo
    June 27, 2013 at 9:34 am (6 years ago)

What a great subject- there’s something so moving and timeless about a great cemetery.. I’ve yet to find one with aged statues where I live. Love these photos! x

4. Kay Maguire
    July 1, 2013 at 5:34 pm (6 years ago)

Isabelle, Such beauty to be found in such an unexpected place. I love this series of work. x

5. Amarie
    July 2, 2013 at 9:03 pm (6 years ago)

I used to love to stroll through my local cemetery, as a child. I’ve always been fascinated with the past, and would get so wrapped up in reading the names and dates people lived. I also saw some of your photos on Facebook – simply gorgeous!

6. Oshadi
    August 2, 2013 at 6:18 pm (6 years ago)

– I Love these and what I love more is that YOU are Canadian. I am your neighbor in Saskatchewan! I am not sure where image gadern is from but it does not matter because her stuff is ADORABLE!!!